Thursday, February 26, 2009

Running on Jello

Woke up this morning and was surprised to see I'm not as sore as I had expected. I'm a little stiff but other then that no problems...that is until I tried to run this morning and caught a case of the H.E.L.S. - Heavy Exhausted Leg Syndrome.

Warm-up

300 Yard Shuttle
This is one of my favorite conditioning drills for strongman. I try to do them at least once a week. The are total anaerobic conditioning and can usually be done in around 75 seconds.---Most timed events in strongman have a 60-75 second time limit. Ran the first one in 81 seconds. Not great, but not too bad considering. When doing these the goal, besides running them faster then 75 sec, is to be able to repeat the effort. After the proper rest time (5 min), I ran the second one. It was also 81 seconds. So I was happy to see my recovery is good, just need to bring up the conditioning.

Treadmill
30 min

Grip

No comments:

Post a Comment