Friday, February 27, 2009

Events Posted

The events have been posted and I'm kind of happy and kind of disappointed. Four of the 5 events are ones that I have practiced and am comfortable with, but there are no max weight events.

1. Log Clean & Press for reps
- 12 inch log
- 75 sec time limit
- Clean & Press each rep- 255 lbs
- Like the log a lot, but I have been training for max weight not reps

2. Conan's Wheel
- This is one I have never done and don't have access to one. I can use my yoke to get a feel for it, but it won't be the same
- 700 lbs- no time limit
- Farthest distance wins

3. Medley
- This is where conditioning (300 yard shuttles) come in handy
- 290 lbs (per hand) farmers walk, 650 lb frame carry, sled drag- no weight posted
- Each impalement for 50 feet
- 75 sec time limit

4. Tire Flip
- Probably my best event
- 800+ lb time for 10 reps
- 60 sec time limit

5. Atlas Stones
- Have trained this event, but don't like it very much
- 275, 290, 310, 335, 390 lb stones to a 48 inch platform
- 60 sec time limit

Time to modify the training for these events and get to work!!! I'm still going to try the 330 log later this morning because that would be a huge PR for me. Then next week we'll begin modifying the training.

No comments:

Post a Comment