Sunday, June 6, 2010

GSM and the next day

Made it home around 10:30pm last night, unloaded the car and got Donnie to bed. I finally fell asleep around midnight. Then at 6:30am this morning Donnie comes running into my room asking if he gets to workout this morning. So at 6:45am I'm in the garage spotting him. I'm so proud of that little guy. This morning after sitting in the hot sun all day he gets up and is ready to get some work done. 

He did:
Jumping Jacks x20
Deep Knee Bends x10 
Thrust & Jump x10
Push-ups x10
Clean & Press 3x5_20
Squats 2x10_20
Yoke Carry 1x40ft_90...20 ft down and back
DeadLift 1x5_40, 1x5_50, 1x5_60
Over Head Press 2x5_20
Atlas Stone 1x12_30 lb stone

He had a great workout. Me? I can bearly bend over. Decided I didn't need to wear sox today because I don't think I can touch my toes.

Yesterday went real good. I finished 2nd over all. I was in first place going into the last event, but the stones got me again. I'll get the video edited and posted tomorrow. Here is how the events went...

Max Axle Clean & Press
Opened with- 285
Second attempt-315
Third attempt- 335...4lb PR
Finished first in the event


Truck Pull
None of the SHW finished the 100ft course. First place pulled 78ft. I pulled it 68ft 4in. Not sure what my placing was on this event.I think it was fourth...but I'm not sure.

Max DeadLift
Opened with- 615 
Second attempt- 655
Third attempt- 675 miss- Some one pulled 675 in the second round so the best I could have done tie first, but I missed and got second. Wouldn't have mattered because he came behind me and pulled 700.


Yoke
Only 2 of the 10 competitors was able to finish the 100ft course. I was one of them, but a little slower...second place


 
Atlas Stones
I only got 3 stones and in a very slow time. This was very disappointing because I have been working hard on the stones for the last few months. I'll just need to train them harder!!!

Trophy and Prize...Pink APT Straps
                                         

Here are some more pics

Friend Zac Boman... Follow Zac's training blog here
 

Friend and training partner BradStanford

Donnie with Monster Energy Truck

Relaxing between Events
 

Three tired guys
 

2 comments:

  1. the truck pull winner Jacob Menke did more than 78ft. There was a mess up and they gave him 70 when he did at least 85ft

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Pics, Jimbo, Thanks for the shout out! I'm so glad they credited Brad with his 255lb. press, he had it and watching the video only confirms it. The funniest thing was how Brad and I celebrated like the lift was over after you cleaned that 335lbs. on the axle. We both knew if you cleaned it, the press was in the bag. Good Work!

    ReplyDelete