Sunday, December 13, 2009

GA Strongest Man Christmas Classic

WHAT A GREAT CONTEST!!! Dane and Scott did another great job. If you have never competed in a GA show, you don't know what your missing.

First Event:
Axel clean and press for reps with 280#
I was able to power clean the weight up and did not need to continental clean it which I was happy about. I got 7 reps for second place.

Second Event:
Max DeadLift
Usually a good event for me. I opened with 555# Decided to go light because I wasn't sure how the cold would affect me. I went up easily so I did 605 for my second lift and 655 for my third...which is a 5# PR. First Place

Third Event :
Keg Carry Medley 225, 250, 275, 205 fire hydrant.
This event was by far the worst. Maybe the worst event I have ever had to do. My hamstrings and low back started cramping up after. Defiantly could have used some more conditioning for this one. Finished the course in 81 sec...second place

Fourth Event:
Farmers Carry with cylinders-280.
This was suppose to be a 750# frame, but the event changed (no complaints from me here). Finished the 100 foot course in 40.82 sec for second place.

Fifth Event:
Atlas Stones- 275, 290, 310, 335, 390
I only got 3 stones this time. The cold really made it hard. I think I did it in 31 sec and I think I got second place in the event, but I'm not sure.

Over all I got First Place in the contest. I am very happy with my lifts considering I put no contest specific training in for this one. There is defiantly some room for improvement though.

No comments:

Post a Comment